Awesome 80’s 5K
RACE DAY INFORMATION FOR SATURDAY AUG 15TH:
- Packet pick-up is from 7:00 to 7:30 AM at the train depot.
- Registration is available the day of the race.
- All will be asked to register via their mobile devices and instructions will be provided to pay by both card and cash.
- We request that all participants respect social distancing to the best of your ability!Masks are suggested to be worn before and after the race but not required.
- Parking is available along the railroad tracks and at the Flowery Branch Govt. Complex.Due to weather, we will have check-in inside the accessible area of the train depot.
- In the event of inclement weather such as lightning, all efforts will be made to delay the start of the race. We are watching this closely and believe based on recent reports we should be able to hold the race. We will run in the rain but not thunder and lightning.
- Please don’t cross into construction areas near the train depot.
- Volunteers will limit the number of people inside the lobby of the Train Depot at any time to respect social distance while checking-in.
- Your bib, pins, shirt, and other goodies have been bagged by masked and gloved volunteers to be opened by you!
- Hand Sanitizer will be provided for all participants at check-in!
- START line is at the intersection of Church Street and Knight street.
- FINISH is on Railroad Ave. next to the DepotThere will be no awards ceremony at the event.
- Medals will be mailed!
- The start line will have X’s painted – unfortunately this X doesn’t mark treasure 🙂 – on the ground 6’+ apart.
- Lastly, we ask you simply please don’t come to the in-person event if you have any symptoms of being sick. Virtual is always an option.
The Awesome ’80s Run 5k hosted by South Hall Rotary Club is STILL ON for August 15th as we move to a Virtual first event with an In-Person experience still available through beautiful Downtown Flowery Branch, GA! THIS RACE IS AN OFFICIAL AJC PEACHTREE ROAD RACE QUALIFYING EVENT FOR 2021!So pull out the spandex, find that can of hairspray, and bring back your brightest neon as we celebrate like Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies!
Win our virtual best dressed 80s costume contest by tagging South Hall Rotary on Facebook and Instagram using #awesome80sfb
This year Awesome ‘80s Run will benefit:
- University of North Georgia Food Pantry
- Underprivileged Kids Christmas Initiatives
- Betsy Clausen LCCA Scholarship
RAFFLE PRIZES & ACTIVITIES
Check out an Awesome 80’s Photodrop for your best 80’s selfies at the in-person event. Then you can join with our virtual runners to win our virtual best dressed 80s costume contest by tagging South Hall Rotary on Facebook and Instagram using #awesome80sfb
FOR YOUR SAFETY
- Hand Sanitizer will be provided for all participants and check-in
- Our volunteers will wear masks
- Request that all participants respect social distancing to the best of your ability
- We will be starting the race in waves of smaller groups to space out runners and using chip time for awards
- No award ceremony will be held on-site. Winners will be notified and medals will be shipped or available for pick up
- We ask you simply please don’t come to the in-person event if you have any symptoms of being sick. Virtual is always an option if you have any concerns at all.
REGISTER BY AUGUST 5th 2020 FOR GUARANTEED T-SHIRT!!!!
Follow the action on Social Media
Facebook & Instagram @southhallrotary